But just in case you missed the last several years and need more incentive, Smithers Mpls has a post on why every member of the Republican House 109th Congress (including our own Bu$hCo rubber stamper Rep. John Kline) should be voted out of office.
Buh Bye 109th
• The 109th Congress set a record for the fewest number of days worked — 218 between the House and Senate combined.
• The 109th Congress failed to raise the minimum wage, leaving it at its lowest inflation-adjusted level since 1955 while giving itself a two percent pay raise.
• There were 15,832 earmarks totaling $71 billion in 2006. (In 1994, there were 4,155 earmarks totaling $29 billion.)
• The 109th Congress turned the tragic Terri Schiavo affair into a national spectacle because, according to one memo, it was “a great political issue” that got “the pro-life base…excited.”
• The chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works thinks global warming is the “greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.”
• The House leadership held open a vote for 50 minutes to twist arms and pass a bill that helped line the pockets of energy company executives.
• The 109th Congress fired the Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction,the lone effective federal watchdog for Iraq spending, effective Oct. 1, 2007.
See ya guys. You won’t be missed