John Kline is a poster child for ineffective policies and legislation. Who better to know about failing policies than someone who supported an administration for eight years that:
- Create only 3 million jobs (net) in 8 years verses the 23 million jobs created under President Clinton.
- Borrowed more money than ALL the previous Presidents combined!
- Gave us the lowest GDP since 1931.
- Skyrocketed our national debt by policies like:
- Lowing taxes on the rich, contributing to revenues dropping in 2004 to the economic level of 1950's and creating record deficits.
- Deregulating Wall Street under the mantra of 'greed is good' and 'business will police itself'. (yeah that worked well?!)
- The cost of a pre-emptive unnecessary war, that the GOP controlled Congress didn't even factor into the budget (funny fuzzy accounting just like the failed banks!)
- Growing the government to the largest size...ever...
The damages done by Congressman Kline's willing support of Bush's failed policies will haunt us for generations. Our entire nation is less secure economically as they pushed through billions of tax breaks for the rich and special interests like Big Oil companies, but failed to extend deductions for college tuition, teacher's expenses, early education or any programs that benefited the middle class.
Kline has zero credibility left to criticize. His record is totally bereft of any positive talking points and that alone makes his opinion as worthless as the policies he supported from the Bush administration.
When Obama talks about ending 'an era of profound irresponsibility', he's talking about Congressman John Kline et al. When Kline talks about 'ineffective legislation'...he's just being laughable in a way only a obstructionist partisan hack can be....