A Le Moyne College/Zogby International survey shows what our troops really think about the Iraq War...and guess what? John Kline (MN R) is way off to the right of the right in his unquestioning total support to this neocon Bu$hCo war. Below shows how blinded Kline is to the reality on the ground in Iraq:
An overwhelming majority of 72% of American troops serving in Iraq think the U.S. should exit the country within the next year.
Just one in five troops want to heed Bush call to stay “as long as they are needed”
• While 58% say mission is clear, 42% say U.S. role is hazy
• Plurality believes Iraqi insurgents are mostly homegrown
• Almost 90% think war is retaliation for Saddam’s role in 9/11,
• Most don’t blame Iraqi public for insurgent attacks
• Majority of troops oppose use of harsh prisoner interrogation
Nearly one in four say the troops should leave immediately.
We know Kline can't lead, but will he continue to follow a failing Bu$hCo and his war? Even when American soldiers continue to die? Even when it serves no purpose? Even when it won't get him re-elected?
If he's this out of step with soldiers, how out of step is he with civilians? with Minnesotans? with America?