- Requiring the wealthy to pay their fair share
- Closing corporate tax loopholes
- Adequately funding important government services
- Reducing the federal debt
- Taxation that minimizes distortion of economic markets
Rep. John Kline's demand for keeping tax cuts for the wealthy 2% reveals the underlying truth of the Republican party, which has very little real interest in reducing the size of government, balancing the budget or helping the middle class and everything to do with protecting the rich.