Kline gets money from Target CEO/Chairman Robert Ulrich.
Several thousand a year...Target's CEO, Robert Ulrich, has donated a lot of money to Republicans, and almost nothing to Democrats. No surprise there, huh? Wonder why they support Kline? Could it be they share the same beliefs to limit your rights?
More shame in Minnesota
Americablog has been covering this story about how Target, a Minnesota company, is perfectly okay with its employees refusing to fill prescriptions for emergency contraception. See, in the eyes of Target, an employee's ability to pass judgment on a customer far outweighs the rights of people to have private lives or anything their doctor may have prescripted.
When does this stop? Would it be okay for a cashier to refuse to sell a person condoms if that person did not have a wedding ring? You know, sex outside of marriage and all. And I know that Target sells back massagers that can be used for, um, other purposes. How about that?
You have to love Target. They're willing to hire people who don't want to do the very job they're applying for. Their own employee's bigotry and bias matters more to them than the emergency health needs or own customers.
So let's ask Target if they also support the following Target employees:
- Check out clerks who verify how fat you are before selling you that package of potato chips?
- Pharmacists who don't want to fill prescriptions for Jewish customers who killed Christ.
- Pharmacists who don't want to help customers who worship a "Satanic counterfeit" (read: "The Pope," in fundie-speak).
- Pharmacists who only dispense HIV medicine to "innocent victims" of AIDS.
- Pharmacists who want proof that women seeking emergency contraception were really raped, and that they didn't "deserve it."
- Pharmacists (or cashiers) who are Christian Scientists - can they refuse to sell any medicine, even aspirin, to anyone?